SpamAssassin timed out and was killed... box too slow

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Jun 5 08:08:18 IST 2003

My apologies, I accidentally sent direct rather than posting to the list.

> > Tony Finch <dot at DOTAT.AT> also suggested reducing the child processes.
> > When I reduced it to 5 instead of 15, I found that the, " Jun  4
> > 17:34:23
> > nisc4 MailScanner[19761]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
> > consecutive failure 1 of 20" appeared after an hour of starting the
> > MailScanner.  Then it appeared an hour later.
 You will almost certainly see that message occasionally, SA uses so many
 resources on the net it's inevitable that sometimes enough resources
 will be unresponsive enough to cause a timeout.  If it goes up to 20 of
 20 whenever you start MS, then you have a problem.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.