more white/black list ?s

Shawn shawn at ADVANCEDMANAGED.COM
Fri Jul 25 17:45:08 IST 2003

I just tag emails and deliver.  Obviously I could use just user specific
lists but adding a global rule would mean editing a lot of user files.
Is there an easier way?  I think my proposed way of using MS for per
user and SA for globals will work I just like things to be all in the
same place.

Also know that some users can not use the opt out feature successfully
for newsletters and such - they want to black list the newsletter. While
others want the same letter to show up without being tagged as spam.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Martin Sapsed
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:32 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: more white/black list ?s

Shawn wrote:
> Thanks for the help so far, this list has been great.
>
> I am looking at mailscanner white\black listing now.  I want both
global
> and user specific lists. My servers are just relays.  So I if
implement
> byemail white/black lists in MailScanner and then use
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf for globals this looks like it will do what I
> want.  Is there a better way?
>
> Looks like ill have to implement the breaking up of recipients also.

I guess it depends on what options you want to use when you find spam.
Personally I think the simplest is to score it all, tag it at 2 levels
(striphtml on the higher one) and then give the user tools to deal with
it as they want.

I guess if you want to look at bouncing or deleteing or stuff like that
then you may need to break things up...

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"