Whitelisted

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Tue Jul 22 19:28:33 IST 2003

Matthew Bowman wrote:

> If you want to disable spam scanning for a user, you need to use the
> following option (see my example below)
>
> # Do you want to check messages to see if they are spam?
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Spam Checks = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.check.rules
>
> FromOrTo:       mbowman at udcom.com       no

I just put the following entry in my SpamChecks.rules file:

        FromOrTo:       devnull at ihs.com         no

And sent devnull at ihs.com and dustin.baer at ihs.com a spam filled email.  I
received the email and no spam checking was done.  After taking the
above entry out of SpamChecks.rules and resending the email, the message
was properly quarantined.

It seems to me that your example is acting the same way as whitelisting
an email address.

Did I misunderstand you?

Dustin

--