not reading spam.assassin.prefs.conf - DUH!

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Fri Jul 18 18:02:38 IST 2003

Dustin Baer wrote:

> I am searching throught the archives also, but thought I would send a
> message here, also.
>
> Solaris 9
> Sendmail 8.12.9
> MailScanner 4.13-3
>
> Yesterday, I upgraded SpamAssassin from 2.43 to 2.55 using perl -MCPAN.
> Now, my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file does not seem to be working.
>
> Any suggestions on where to start?
>
> Thanks for any leads...

NOTHING to do with SpamAssassin.

I edited my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file and instead of using a pipe
(|) to separate keywords to catch in the subject line, I used a slash
(/):

        header   IHS_SUBJECT_JUNK_2 Subject =~ /STEPHANIE/URGENT/

That obviously broke the Perl.

THANK YOU to everyone who responded and also to those who looked into
this and didn't respond.

I will crawl back into my hole, now.

Dustin
--