MailScanner/Sendmail + Mailman?

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Thu Jul 17 15:05:02 IST 2003

Well, first I tried the Mailman RPM that comes with Redhat and had
trouble with the Admin pages not saving changes. The Mailman list said
to uninstall the RPM and download the newer non-rpm install.

The README.SENDMAIL says to look at mm-handler.readme, and that's where
it talks about modifying the cf file. I don't think you really need to
after taking another look. One thing it did say you "must" do was to
modify the mailertable and add an entry like(their example):
listtest.uchicago.edu   mailman:listtest.uchicago.edu

Did you have to modify the mailertable?

I looked at the files you suggested and found a few things. Under
data/qfiles there was a file that said I should have some stuff in
/etc/aliases, so I added those entries as it suggested.

I can see what appears to be the outgoing messages stuck in
/qfiles/virgin.

I see nothing in /var/log/messages related to my mailman list.

I didn't see anything about changing the wrapper stuff. Maybe that's
what I'm missing? Honestly not sure I understand what you said here:
smrsh change (cd /usr/adm/sm.bin && ln -s /home/mailman/mail/wrapper. ).
Would I type that line exactly as you show in the ()?

Thanks for your help.
James