Checking SpamAssassin activity?

Steve Campbell campbell at CNPAPERS.COM
Fri Jan 24 14:35:17 GMT 2003

I had basically the same problem with some of the other RBLs. I never saw
in the header any indication that any RBL test was ever performed. I ran
all the tests for SA, indicating that they had passed proper operation, and
the logs only showed minimal timeouts (never more than one timeout
happening.) If I setup spam (as opposed to high spam) to be deleted,
instead of just passed through with the SA score, the files were in fact
deleted.

I eventually gave up and do not check any of these BLs anymore, as I could
not monitor what was really going on, since the mail either arrived or was
deleted.

All I wanted was to see if ORDB was catching anything and add that (either
the default or my modified ORDB SA score) to the spam score, thereby
allowing me to control what gets deleted with resulting total.

MS is a wonderful program. Mr. Field does a great job of answering all of
the requests sent to the list, as do others. But concerning my original
problem sumbitted to the list, I felt like a customer at a car dealer
service department - I just couldn't make anyone believe this was what
really was happening.