Checking SpamAssassin activity?

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener at SHU.AC.UK
Fri Jan 24 12:44:13 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bates" <Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 11:44 AM
Subject: Checking SpamAssassin activity?

>Two questions, mainly.

>I have all the above, and see SA scoring some emails
>(I have the threshold set to 8), doing RBL lookups and stuff (instead of MS
doing it itself), but does anyone know how to verify whether Razor >or DCC
are actually being run or used at all???

the spamassassin distribution include a test file, sample-spam.txt which is
listed in Razor and the DCC

either run

spamassassin -t < <filepath>/sample-spam.txt

or force the file through mailscanner by sending it as mail. The file
contains headers etc.

if DCD and RAZOR are working you will see reference to them in the
spamassassin analysis

e.g.

SPAM: DCC_CHECK          (8.0 points)  Listed in DCC, see
http://rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/
SPAM: RAZOR2_CHECK       (7.8 points)  Listed in Razor2, see
http://razor.sf.net/

Regards

Ray