Server dying problems

Steve Barr steve at CGPSYSTEMS.COM
Tue Jan 21 01:30:21 GMT 2003

> You've GOT to be kidding!  Linux rocks on Compaq servers.  I
> run Redhat on Proliant 1850's, 2500's, 6400's, 6500's and one
> ML type machine and not ONE of them has ever given me a

I agree.  We have Debian Linux running on a DL360.  It is great!  It's
been running since August without a single problem.  Our previous
mail/web server was a Compaq desktop machine.  I'm almost embarassed to
say it was a free Celeron 266 with 256mb RAM.  Uptime on it was 373
days!

Uptime would have been longer, but somebody (me), pulled the wrong power
cord when moving devices to a new UPS... Doh!

Linux on Compaq can be very solid.

Steve Barr
Madison Local School District
Mansfield, OH

and is believed to be clean. (MailScanner 4.11-1, 3.65)