need help installing patches on perl module MIME::tools

Ed Ortiz Edward_Ortiz at SSA-SA.SEL.SONY.COM
Tue Jan 14 13:36:25 GMT 2003

You may need to use the GNU version of patch, not the one provided with Solaris, if this is the OS you're using.  After installing thge GNU version use /usr/local/bin/patch and follow Julian's instructions.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Ed Ortiz.

At 08:41 14/01/2003, you wrote:
>I'm trying to install the prerequisites for MailScanner. I've not
>understood how to apply the 4 patches to install MIME::tools perl
>module. I've tried "patch" command but without success :-(

Get into the directory containing the unpacked mime-tools .tar.gz file, and do
         patch -p1 < mime-tools-patch.txt
If "-p1" doesn't work nicely, then try "-p0". Then do the same command for
each of the other patch files.

>I've another question, concerning perl version. The installation docs
>say MailScanner has been tested on perl 5.8. What about 5.6?

Just needs 5.005 or later.
--
Julian Field