Setting up Black & Whitelists by domain

Paul Hamilton paul.hamilton at sme-ecom.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 14:14:51 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Is anyone willing to share their Black & Whitelist rulesets for 'By Domain'
config?

We have set-up rulesets up in the MailScanner.conf for Black & Whitelisting
as follows:
/opt/rules/blacklist.rules
/opt/rules/whitelist.rules

Both have the default as:
FromTo:    default    no

Further to this we have created the following directory:
/opt/bydomain
Within this we have further directories which represent the individual
domains
we wish to allow control over their own Black & White lists.

e.g. sme-ecom.co.uk. - This directory then has its own blacklist &
whitelist.rules files.

The problem we have is that everytime we add to /opt/rules/blacklist.rules
the following:

FromTo: default    no
To: *@sme-ecom.co.uk    /opt/bydomain/sme-ecom.co.uk/blacklist.rules

we get a syntax error in our logs as shown here:

"Syntax error in line 2 of ruleset file /opt/rules/spam.blacklist.rules for
keyword spamblacklist
Jan 12 14:02:21 cobaltxxxx MailScanner[3589]: Aborting due to syntax errors
in /opt/rules/spam.blacklist.rules.

The same happens when we try to set the Whitelist rules.

Could anyone guide us or point out the errors of our ways - can this be
done?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul H.