Cannot modify postmaster notify signature?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun Jan 12 01:28:24 GMT 2003

> >>Its hardcoded in MessageBatch.pm (in
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ on my
> system)
>

> I modified that one already thinking the same thing. Still
> get the same signature.
> Evidently even though it looks like that would fix it, it
> must be hardcoded somewhere
> else.
>
> Jim

I just tested that on my system and it definately works (MS4.10)

Did you stop and restart mailscanner (just doing a reload isn't enough)?

Have you by any chance got two versions of MS installed in different directories and maybe changed the non-current one (long shot!)

The line I changed was...

$notices{$postie} . "\n-- \nMailScanner\nEmail Virus Scanner\n" .
"www.mailscanner.info\n";

which is line 587 in MessageBatch.pm in release 4.10

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses