SpamAssassin timeout

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 13:48:23 GMT 2003

At 12:52 07/01/2003, you wrote:
>I also uncommented "skip_rbl_checks 1" to get rid of the Time Out. Now it
>does some checking.
>
>So if the RBL-server doesn't answer MailScanner just kills the SpamAssain
>process then?

Yes. And once it has timed out several times in a row, SpamAssassin will be
ignored entirely until the next auto-restart a few hours later.

>Is it possible to test if the RBL-server answer and if not
>just skip it and do the rest?

SpamAssassin can't do that. If you do the RBL checking with MailScanner, it
will do what you want. SpamAssassin isn't very robust when services it is
using fail.

>I saw that there is a new version (2.50) of SpamAssassin. Anyone tried it?

I never touch their x.x0 releases. The x.x1 released are usually better :-)

--
Julian Field