F-Prot Lock file error

Soeren Gerlach so-mlist-alias at all-about-shift.com
Sun Feb 23 19:16:21 GMT 2003

> I have looked for this one in the archives with no luck, so I hope
> someone knows the answer:
>
> /etc/mailscanner/autoupdate/f-prot   ran at 4:27 this morning and created
> a lock file: /tmp/FProtBusy.lock, containing:
>    Locking for updating FProt virus files by 20397
>   Unlocked after updateing FProt virus files by 20397
>
> Then later that day, I got this:
>   Cannot create /tmp/FProtBusy.lock,
>   Permission denied at /usr/share/mailscanner/logger.pl, line 64.

Looks sort like something I discusses some days ago with Julian; topic "Lock
files" ,-)))

Just remove the lock file and everything should be working again. Check the
file permissions of the current file and of the user running the update.
I'd place a bet the later one cannot create the file, i.e. it's another's
user's file.

> /tmp/FProtBusy.lock was still there -- shouldn't the script have deleted
> it?

No, it stays there even after the update.

regards,
Soeren

--
Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefaehrliche Inhalte untersucht