SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sat Feb 22 14:11:34 GMT 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Steve Freegard wrote:

> Gerry,
>
> I upgraded to SA 2.50 yesterday morning - no problems so far running under
> RedHat 7.3.
>
> Did the SA tests work correctly (spamassassin -t < test-spam.txt >
> report.out)?? - I noticed that the first time I ran this it did take quite a
> bit of time when compared to 2.43 although subsequent tests were fine (may
> have been just a one-off though)...
>
> Regards,
> Steve.

Yes, everything is working fine with SpamAssassin 2.50 as long as I don't
call it from within MailScanner.  Going back to SA 2.44 works either being
called within MailScanner or from procmail.

Calling SA 2.50 from MailScanner will peg the CPU cycles at 100% and then
MailScanner starts shutting down SA.

I'm using Redhat 7.3, MailScanner 4.12-2.  The rest of the system is stock
Redhat.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer