SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems
mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 15:00:21 GMT 2003
On a related subject, I have finally pursuaded SpamAssassin 2.50 to install
on a Raq, after an hour fighting it. The "make test" was failing horribly
with it being unable to work out the local hostname. Some sort of Taint
mode problem with Sys::Hostname. In the end I hardwired the hostname as
that was the only way to get it working.
Sounds like the SA guys have a few "issues" with the installation of 2.50,
similar to most of the recent previous versions. If an up-to-date SA isn't
vital to you, I would personally advise holding off until 2.51 is released.
At 14:11 22/02/2003, you wrote:
>On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Steve Freegard wrote:
> > Gerry,
> > I upgraded to SA 2.50 yesterday morning - no problems so far running under
> > RedHat 7.3.
> > Did the SA tests work correctly (spamassassin -t < test-spam.txt >
> > report.out)?? - I noticed that the first time I ran this it did take
> quite a
> > bit of time when compared to 2.43 although subsequent tests were fine (may
> > have been just a one-off though)...
> > Regards,
> > Steve.
>Yes, everything is working fine with SpamAssassin 2.50 as long as I don't
>call it from within MailScanner. Going back to SA 2.44 works either being
>called within MailScanner or from procmail.
>Calling SA 2.50 from MailScanner will peg the CPU cycles at 100% and then
>MailScanner starts shutting down SA.
>I'm using Redhat 7.3, MailScanner 4.12-2. The rest of the system is stock
>"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
More information about the MailScanner