Mailscanner / Spamassassin prob w/ spam not being run

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Feb 7 20:34:14 GMT 2003

Agreed, you almost certainly do NOT want to be running v 2.31. There are
VERY significant issues with the default whitelist_from entries in that
version. For MailScanner use 2.43, 2.44, or the very-soon-to-be-released
2.45 should work fine. The spamc security bugs in 2.43 are NOT a problem
for MailScanner.

(Based on the saDev list 2.45 is going to be is a two-patch version spin
that fixes a obscure crash bug in 2.44 for spamc type users and makes
timeouts for razor checks work better)

However, I don't think that's likely the problem.. did you enable spam
checks in your mailscanner.conf? MailScanner will by default NOT use
spamassassin unless explicitly told to do so.

I'll admit I'm using a old version of MailScanner, but I don't think the
command has changed in mailscanner.conf:

Spam Checks = yes
Use SpamAssassin = yes
Max SpamAssassin Size = 50000

Also, the quoted emails look like you left out most of the message headers.
Without full message headers it's hard to say much. Full headers could tell
us if the message is even passing through Mailscanner, if mailscanner is
calling spamassassin, what score spamassassin is giving, is spamassassin
timing out, etc.