SpamAssassin 2.50 news

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Feb 3 22:11:33 GMT 2003

Agreed, if you manually do the learning process, it should be fine, even
with multiple users, as long as the spam/nonspam it is fed is reasonably
representative.

However, auto-learning will be subject to the same ALL_SPAM_TO type
problems that the AWL is subject to.

Really I don't think that autolearning is all that good an idea anyway,
since it causes false positives and/or false negatives to be
self-perpetuating.

Probably the best solution is to have some kind of special email address
that users can send mail to manually to cause SA to learn from it. (ie:
learn_nonspam at mydomain.com, learn_spam at mydomain.com) and use a procmail
script to crank emails to these fake accounts to the learning commands of
SA. You'll probably also want to add some sender and/or recieved path
checks to that procmail script to avoid abuse from the outside by spammers.