4.12-2 Solaris buglet

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Mon Feb 3 20:37:55 GMT 2003

This check_mailscanner works on Solaris 8.  No fgreps here whereas there
were with the 4.12-2 check_mailscanner.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:31 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: 4.12-2 Solaris buglet

Jeff,

Here's a new check_mailscanner for you to try out.

I haven't gone for a "uname -s" approach yet, as I don't know the exact
string they all produce (e.g. does HP-UX say "HP", "HPUX" or "HP-UX"?).

But using "fgrep >/dev/null" instead of "fgrep -q" seems to work okay,
if not quite as fast as just running "uname -s" once. But I am not
remotely interested in the speed of this script.