4.12-2 Solaris buglet

Sean Embry sean at NISD.NET
Mon Feb 3 19:42:57 GMT 2003

uname -s (On 7.3)
Linux

uname -s (On 5.0.5 & 5.0.6)
SCO_SV

Allright, no wise cracks about SCO now. I've already
heard 'em.

If I recall correctly, the only *nix that uname -s didn't
really work on was some off the wall version. I can't
even recall which vendor it was that published it.
It was on an Intel 8086 though. I think is was even
SYS III, not even SYS V.

I think AT&T 2b2 and 2b3 gave correct answers, but I don't think
any of those boat anchors are running anymore...

>>> nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET 02/03/03 11:33AM >>>
> Any comments from anyone else on the portability of "uname -s"?

root# uname -s
AIX

Regards,
Nerijus