Sig Rulesets not working?!

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Sat Dec 20 02:03:38 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I'm running MS 4.25-6 on a RedHat box with Sendmail and have an
intermittent issue with signature rulesets not working as expected.  I
have one customer who gets incredibly irate if our standard footer is
stuck on his email so I've setup the following rules pointing to a blank
file to stop him getting a footer.

sig.txt.rules contains:
FromOrTo: *@customer.com /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/grumpy.sig.txt
FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/inline.sig.txt

sig.html.rules contains:
FromOrTo: *@customer.com /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/grumpy.sig.html
FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/inline.sig.html

For some reason at the moment it's putting our standard footer on all
email going to him, I have spent a lot of time trying to work out why, but
for the life of me can't work it out.

MailScanner.conf has the following settings:

Inline HTML Signature = %rules-dir%/sig.html.rules
Inline Text Signature = %rules-dir%/sig.txt.rules

Can anyone help?
--
Regards,

David Hooton

   This message has been scanned for spam & viruses by Mail Security.
   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
   Mail Security                              www.mailsecurity.net.au