Blacklist file changes getting removed by something

Wed Dec 10 23:30:41 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 8:37 am, Brian Wells wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Much to my annoyance, I noticed after I had entered by hand a bunch of
> hosts to my blacklist file, that my changes had been removed and a new
> blacklist file was in place.  Looking at the timestamp on the file, it is
> getting replaced once an hour.
>
> I searched quite a bit for an explanation for this behaviour.  Something
> like the auto whitelist feature except for the blacklist file.  But I could
> not find anything.  Does anyone have an explanation for this and how to
> turn it off?

Does the timestamp on the file coincide with any cron jobs you have running?

Antony

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.