Blacklist file changes getting removed by something

Brian Wells brian at SOLUSCORP.COM
Wed Dec 10 08:37:05 GMT 2003

Hi,

Much to my annoyance, I noticed after I had entered by hand a bunch of hosts to my blacklist file, that my changes had been removed and a new blacklist file was in place.  Looking at the timestamp on the file, it is getting replaced once an hour.

I searched quite a bit for an explanation for this behaviour.  Something like the auto whitelist feature except for the blacklist file.  But I could not find anything.  Does anyone have an explanation for this and how to turn it off?

Thanks,

Brian Wells
Merlin Internet Solutions