New SpamAssassin - Big Jump in CPU Utilization

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Wed Dec 10 16:28:39 GMT 2003

Last night I upgraded SpamAssassin from 2.60 to the latest 2.61.  I
noticed that Razor2 didn't appear to be running so I did a discover
command which seemed to get it working again.  Other than that all seemed
to be working as advertised.

I just noticed that the box's CPU utilization has jumped from around 5% to
more than 50% on average and as high as 90% at peaks (thanks to graphs
from mailscanner-mrtg).  The increase started at exactly the same time I
performed the SpamAssassin upgrade.  Other than the increase in
utilization everything still seems to be working correctly.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Gerry