Translation request (German)

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Wed Dec 10 14:39:15 GMT 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> 1) Es wurden zu viele Anhänge in der e-mail gefunden
> 2) Zu viele Anhänge in e-mail wurde gefunden
> 3) Zu viele Anhänge in e-mail
> 4) Zu viele Anhänge in der Email
> 5) Zu hohe Anzahl an Anhängen
> 6) Eine zu hohe Anzahl an Attachments wurde gefunden
>
> Votes for the above please. By number.

4)

The spelling of "Email" is another problem. "Email" seems actually
preferred in reports/de but "Email" (beside e-mail and e-Mail) was a
german word long before the net has occoured: enamel ("gloss paint on
metal"). Therefore correct spelling (as suggested by e.g.
http://dict.leo.org/?p=lURE.&search=e-mail) is E-Mail (which is not easy
to type, so people type something like e-Mail, eMail, e-mail (plain
good english) or Email)

The good thing is, Email in the sense of enamel isn't used a lot and
especially not with computers ;-) People who cooks, might have trubble.

Michael

PS: google and dict.leo.org want "zu viele" in two words.