Postfix configuration/efficiency....

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Tue Dec 9 19:22:30 GMT 2003

Periodically I see reference to setting up MailScanner  with a single instance of Postfix, instead of the standard 2 Postfix install described in the instructions.

Is there any advantage in doing this?  Memory savings? Server load? I need to maximize the efficiency of this machine...  Are there any instructions for this type of installation? or for converting from a working standard installation?  Are there any drawbacks to this type of installation?

Currently, we are running Dual PIII 500, 512Megs Ram...   I've worked very hard to get the server load down to about 4....  It has been as high as 10...

We are processing about 40,000 mails per day....

I realize that the best soution is a more powerful machine than this, but the client company won't do it (until this one dies)....

      Eric Sandquist
      Systems Engineer
      ICQ#: 10274846
            Current ICQ status:
      +  More ways to contact me
      www.ihms.net
      www.messianicgroups.com
      www.nazarene.net
      www.amazinggroups.com www.613commandments.com
      www.hebrew-roots.com
      www.netzarim.cc
      www.momsonthego.us

Home Business Opportunity!! - Travel, Taxes, Health, and More