MailScanner and RedHat 6.0

Tue Dec 9 19:24:49 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 7:17 pm, Jason Balicki wrote:

> >What would be the advantage of choosing postfix instead?
>
> This isn't the answer you were looking for, but here it is
> anyway...
>
> Sometimes it's not a matter of choosing.  We run a packaged
> server that is a open source based Exchange replacement.
>
> The system is an all in one bundle that includes Postfix.
>
> While I'm sure I could change things around to use Sendmail
> or Exim, it's not broke so I'm not fixing it.  Well, I guess
> that is a choice, but you get what I'm saying, hopefully. :)

Indeed - I understand what you're saying.

Hopefully some others on the list can contribute their opinions on why someone
would choose postfix over sendmail or exim, assuming the opportunity for
choice exists.

I'm still curious to know postfix's advantages.

Thanks for the response.   Just out of interest, what is the bundled solution
you are using?

Antony.

--
Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.