was blank, now Clam autoupdate, add f-prot

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sun Aug 31 12:55:59 IST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 05:49, G. Armour Van Horn wrote: Okay, I tried
>       The check-updates.sh script has been replaced by a perl script:
>              check-updates.pl.
>       The check-updates.sh script has been deprecated
>Deprecated, eh? Okay, let's find the Perl script. (One level down in
>tools.)

>Interesting, same line number.

check_updates.sh is a symlink to check_updates.pl, thats why (the script
obviously checks the name it was called with).  The line that generates
the error fetches the file using the NET::ftp module.

>Anyway, I ran the MailScanner update:

Which uses wget to fetch the file from the ftp server.  There have been
some updates to this script - make sure you're running the latest
version, as older versions don't work with new versions of f-prot.

>Is there possibly some difference between the way the other scripts are
>calling for the file and the way wget does it? Something that might
>suggest a problem with the firewall, perhaps? My script is this:
>       wget http://www.f-prot.com/cgi-bin/get_randomly?fp-def
>       /usr/bin/unzip -fo fp-def.zip
>       rm -f fp-def.zip

The only thing that jumps out is that the other scripts switch to
passive mode, whereas wget doesn't seem to on its own (unless I'm not
looking carefully enough).  On the face of it I wouldn't have thought
that was a problem.  Maybe you should try connecting manually to the
site with command line ftp and try getting the file both with and
without passive mode on.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000