was blank, now Clam autoupdate, add f-prot

Sun Aug 31 13:02:18 IST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 12:55 pm, Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 05:49, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
>
> > Is there possibly some difference between the way the other scripts are
> > calling for the file and the way wget does it? Something that might
> > suggest a problem with the firewall, perhaps? My script is this:
> >       wget http://www.f-prot.com/cgi-bin/get_randomly?fp-def
> >       /usr/bin/unzip -fo fp-def.zip
> >       rm -f fp-def.zip
>
> The only thing that jumps out is that the other scripts switch to
> passive mode, whereas wget doesn't seem to on its own (unless I'm not
> looking carefully enough).  On the face of it I wouldn't have thought
> that was a problem.  Maybe you should try connecting manually to the
> site with command line ftp and try getting the file both with and
> without passive mode on.

Or else try adding "--passive-ftp" to the wget command?

A firewall which can't support active ftp would certainly account for the
sort of timeouts being reported.   This sounds like a reasonably likely cause
to me.

Antony.

--

This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable

If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it
immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of
caster sugar.   Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a warm oven for 40
minutes.   Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding some
decorative kiwi fruit and cream.   Then notify me immediately by return email
and eat the original message.