ClamAV updates

Fri Aug 29 20:06:57 IST 2003

On Friday 29 August 2003 7:56 pm, Rob V wrote:

> I am using clamav with mailscanner and it looks like it never teies to
> update the virus def files.
> if i look through the log i never se eit trying.

Have you set up a cron job to call update_virus_scanners?

> I can run the auto update script with no problems and that leaves a message
> in my log files.

What is the message?

> DO i need to set something for it to use the autoupdate ??

Have you insalled ClamAV in the standard location (/usr/local/share/clamav) ?

If so, the update_virus_scanners script should update it fine.   Try running
it manually to find out why not.

If your ClamAV is not there, then you will need to change the paths where
MailScanner looks for it, both in order for ClamAV to find viruses, and for
it to get updated.

Can you confirm that your MailScanner / ClamAV installation is successfully
detecting viruses (eg Eicar) even though it doesn't appear to be updating the
signatures?

What versions of MailScanner and ClamAV do you have?

Antony.

--

Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.