Sudden surge in spam

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Aug 27 12:27:37 IST 2003

James Pifer wrote:
> Like a dummy, I deleted those emails in question from this morning.
> I'll compare the next ones to the headers you sent. In header I
> looked at this morning I don't remember seeing an
> X-MailScanner-SpamCheck, which my messages marked as spam have. The
> next set I get in I'll check the headers and not delete them... :-(

Suggest you set...
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

in MailScanner.conf (then service MailScanner reload).  Then you'll always see the SpamAssassin report even on low scoring messages, this will probably help diagnose why it is not being tagged as spam.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.