Sudden surge in spam

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Wed Aug 27 12:25:32 IST 2003

Make sure you have the below options enabled in /etc/MailScanner.conf if you
want to see detailed spam reports.

# Do you want the full spam report, or just a simple "spam / not spam"
report?
Detailed Spam Report = yes

# Do you want to include the numerical scores in the detailed SpamAssassin
# report, or just list the names of the scores
Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

Dean.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Pifer [mailto:mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM]
Sent: 27 August 2003 12:22
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Sudden surge in spam

Like a dummy, I deleted those emails in question from this morning. I'll
compare the next ones to the headers you sent. In header I looked at
this morning I don't remember seeing an X-MailScanner-SpamCheck, which
my messages marked as spam have. The next set I get in I'll check the
headers and not delete them... :-(

Thanks,
James

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 06:42, Plant, Dean wrote:
> James,
>
> I am running a similar setup as you except im using DCC and not using
Pyzor..

> Here is a copy of a header for the "Take advantage of lower interest
rates" spam on my system.

> Subject: {Spam?} Take advantage of lower interest rates
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:28:14 -0400
>
> Hope this helps