How to disable replys to filename rejected mails

Bret Hughes bhughes at ELEVATING.COM
Tue Aug 26 21:26:23 IST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 11:56, Bret Hughes wrote:
> Mailscanner 4.11 installed from rpm on redhat 7.3 server.
>
> F-prot and spamassassin

<snip>
> How can I tell mailscanner to not send mails for these?  I have notify
> senders set to no right now so that I am not contributing to the traffic
> generated by this worm but would like to be able to reply to otherstuff.

I incorrectly assumed that since the text of the mail message sent back
to the sender did not mention that the issue was Sobig that the filename
deletion caught it before it was scanned.  I did not realize until
reading another post today on this topic that the scan occured anyway.
Seems inefficient but hey at least adding Sobig to the Silent list
should stop the warning going back out, right?

My apologies to the list if this is an FAQ but I searched the mailing
list and the FAQ before posing and could not find a reference to this.

Is there a way to circumvent the virus scanning if the filename matches
a deny in filename.rules.conf?  Seems like it would save a ton of work
on the server although at the loss of some response capability.

Bret