Soon-to-be-current versions?

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Tue Aug 26 18:06:02 IST 2003

We need to do another round of MailScanner and SpamAssassin upgrades
(currently on MS 4.11-1, SA 2.55) on the production machines at our site.

The current MS seems to be 4.22-5, but I know that the 4.23 series has
been in beta for some time.

Julian: Could you give us an idea of approximate timescale for 4.23-x to
be considered stable?  (Environment: Solaris, sendmail, McAfee).

Also I'm aware that SA 2.60 is close to release.  Anyone know of an
approximate scheduled release date?  And are there any known interaction
problems between 2.60 and MS (4.22-5 and/or 4.23-x)?  (I remember that the
early SA 2.5x had some troubles with MS.)

Knowing these approximate timescales (even if long), would help us decide
whether to use MS/SA 4.22-5/2.55 or wait so that we can go to 4.23-x/2.6x.

Thanks in advance.