How to disable replys to filename rejected mails

Bret Hughes bhughes at ELEVATING.COM
Tue Aug 26 17:56:15 IST 2003

Mailscanner 4.11 installed from rpm on redhat 7.3 server.

F-prot and spamassassin

MailScanner has done a god job catching what I assume is all the SoBig
stuff but as it is being caught by the attachment filename extension
there is no text from f-prot to add to the silent virus list. lots of
pif and scr stuff over the last week.

I got a notification to day from my MailScanner daemon today saying that
I had sent a virus.  Turns out that it is a reply to a the address
spoffing using my name as the sender and the recipient.  Freaked me out
at first since I run evolution on a redhat box for my MUA and could not
figure out WTF had happened.

Finally the question:

How can I tell mailscanner to not send mails for these?  I have notify
senders set to no right now so that I am not contributing to the traffic
generated by this worm but would like to be able to reply to otherstuff.

Bret