X-MailScanner headers

Alan Fiebig mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Tue Aug 26 21:18:59 IST 2003

Julian,

I know you recommend that all MS administrators modify our header values from the default 'X-MailScanner' value so that we can identify headers that were added by our MailScanners vs. those added by other systems, or in the case of Sobig.F, a virus.

You might want to check the 'Unscanned headder' as I just noticed that we can not modify that header. We can modify the text that goes next to the 'X-MailScanner':

The config file value:
  Unscanned Header Value = Not scanned: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service Provider for details

does not allow us to edit the value that goes in front of it, so it will always be "X-MailScanner"

-Alan