A little help with Bayes

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Tue Aug 26 18:13:49 IST 2003

use_bayes 0

You *did* put that into spam.assassin.prefs.conf, right, NOT
MailScanner.conf?  And restarted MailScanner afterwards?

If you do this (assuming MS configs are in /etc/MailScanner and you haven't
customized SA's local.cf):

# Adjust MSDIR and SA as appropriate for your installation.
export MSDIR=/etc/MailScanner
export SA=/usr/bin/spamassassin
mkdir -p /etc/mail/spamassassin
if [ -f "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf" ];
then
        mv /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf \
                /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.dist
        ln -s $MSDIR/spam.assassin.prefs.conf \
                /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
fi
$SA -D --lint

...then do you see bayes mentioned?

Maybe asking on the spamassassin-talk mailing list would be good at this
point:
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/spamassassin.taint.org/spamassassin.org/lists.
html

-t.