Per Domain Recovery Archiving

Evert Ford richard_cipher at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 14 18:14:39 IST 2003

In MailScanner.conf set
Archive Mail = /etc/MailScanner/rules/archive.rules
(or whereever your rules directory resides on your system)

in archive.rules set(for example)
From:   *@domaina.com   /arc/out_domaina
To:     *@domaina.com   /arc/inc_domaina
From:   *@domainb.com   /arc/out_domainb
To:     *@domainb.com   /arc/inc_domainb

if the path in the rules file references a file, it will archive the mail in
mbox
(I'm guessing this is what you mean by a BSD style mailbox) format
(assuming you have MailScaner 4.x), and if the path references a directory,
it archives them in a sendmail-style queue format.

I am archiving in this way, and it's been very successful.

By the way, the README about this in the rules directory is great reading,
and the EXAMPLES in that directory has great examples on how to do rules.

Evert Ford
Computer Guy
Westone Laboratories
http://www.westone.com