MailScanner hanging

Joseph Watson jtwatson at datakota.com
Thu Aug 14 18:25:22 IST 2003

Hello,
Just today I began having a problem with mailscanner which has been running
untouched since I upgraded to 4.22-5 in July.

Mandrake Linux 9.1
Postfix
MailScanner 4.22-5
Command Antivirus

For some reason MailScanner seems to be hanging on a batch of messages.  I see
log entries that say it has started a new batch of 34 messages, but it never
follows with a "message clean" notice or a delivery entry.  It just sits
there and the messages are piling up.  There is no error or info messages
being logged either.  It seems there may be a message that it is chocking on,
but I don't know how to tell what is going on.

Has anyone seen this before?  What can I do to trouble shot this thing.  Any
suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks

--
Regards

Joseph Watson