NOTIFY-New Guestbook Entry

mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 20:34:39 IST 2003

New Guestbook-Entry from Vlad A. Friedman

Your software has proven itself to be quite remarkable and no-one here can believe the results we are achieving.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>In processing about 500,000 messages in our first month, MailScanner has caught 100% of the viruses and 99.5% of all of all Spam (with SA) entering our network with a false positive rate of less than 0.04% with only a minor amount of tweaking.  We are still tuning SA settings to get the false positive rate down even further.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Overall, I would say we are getting the same if not better results with MailScanner than with a $10,000 per year commercial package we beta tested.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Even the install went smoothly (an uncommon experience for open source apps)<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Just wanted to say thanks for doing such a great job!!!!<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Vlad A. Friedman, CEO<br />
<BR><br />
<BR><br />