POSTFIX release from quarantine (WAS: How to let through i nnocent messages)

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Thu Aug 7 16:22:25 IST 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:43:04 +0100, Samuel Luxford-Watts wrote:
> I am running postfix 2...(whatever the latest download was 3 days ago!) and
> have just tried releasing several emails held in quarentine.
>
> From the quarantine folder, If you chmod +x (filename), chown
> postfix:postfix (filename) then cp filename
> /var/spool/postfix/incoming/(first letter of filename)/
>
> It works - its not ideal, as you do get warnings logged in the logfile
> saying that filename doesn't match inode and that its renaming queue files
> but the mail is sent. Maybe more by luck than anything but it does go!
>
> If someone could write a nice script ...

No need. As I mentioned earlier, you can just do
postdrop < quarantined-message-file
and let postfix sort out the inode numbers all by itself.

John.

--
-- Over 2000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.snoweye.com/
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - http://www.tradoc.fr/