POSTFIX release from quarantine (WAS: How to let through i nnocent messages)

Samuel Luxford-Watts slwatts at WINCKWORTHS.CO.UK
Thu Aug 7 15:43:04 IST 2003

I was just looking at this.

I am running postfix 2...(whatever the latest download was 3 days ago!) and
have just tried releasing several emails held in quarentine.

>From the quarantine folder, If you chmod +x (filename), chown
postfix:postfix (filename) then cp filename
/var/spool/postfix/incoming/(first letter of filename)/

It works - its not ideal, as you do get warnings logged in the logfile
saying that filename doesn't match inode and that its renaming queue files
but the mail is sent. Maybe more by luck than anything but it does go!

If someone could write a nice script ... Or even modify the mailscanner
webmin module to handle releasing emails from quarantine it would be much
appreciated!

Cheers,

Sam