[OT] Mailscanner With TMDA (Tagged Message Delivery Agent)

Wed Aug 6 21:57:09 IST 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 9:49 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> If someone mails me and wants a
> response, it is up to them to configure their mail system so that it
> accepts mail from me.
>
> Fortunately not many people use these systems, but it pisses me off royally
> when I have spent my time and effort writing a reply to their problem, only
> to have it rejected by their mail system.

Indeed.

I think it is a pretty major design flaw of the systems if they don't
automatically add the addresses to whom the user of such a system sends email
to the white list, so that the reply can come back again without interference.

Antony.

--

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery