MailScanner/SpamAssassin VS spamassasin -t gives different scores (sometimes)

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Apr 24 15:30:31 IST 2003

Hello all...

> dot at DOTAT.AT 24/04/03 15:09:11 >>>
>Which rules? If you run it in debug mode, what does it say about auto-
>whitelists and bayesian analysis?

Also see my message from yesterday (23rd) entitled 'SpamAssassin Weirdness' that got entirely lost in other discussions ... basically I'm seeing something similar with SA 2.53, and the latest beta of MS, using Postfix support (but I don't think the MTA has much to do with it)...

I'd appreciate a bit more insight... also 'Debug SpamAssassin = yes' dumping some stuff when MS is actually running as a daemon would be quite nice. Playing devil's advocate, amavisd has some really nice timing statistics as to time spent processing each message, and how much time (and percentage of time) is spent on certain elements, e.g. SA took 79% of the whatever milliseconds the complete mail took.

On another note, Bayes starting working for me with the above combination yesterday, and I haven't a clue why, as I hadn't changed anything... suddenly bayes_msgcount started incrementing, when it hadn't been before... crazy!