MailScanner/SpamAssassin VS spamassasin -t gives different scores (sometimes)

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Thu Apr 24 15:09:11 IST 2003

Quentin Campbell <Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK> wrote:

>In two messages I am testing, a rule from /usr/share/spamassassin/* (the
>standard SA rules) and a rule from /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (our
>local rules) are not applied when the messages are posted but the two
>rules _are_ applied when the messages are run through "spamassassin -t".

Which rules? If you run it in debug mode, what does it say about auto-
whitelists and bayesian analysis?

Tony.
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST
4 OR 5, LOCALLY 6 IN NORTHWEST FOR A WHILE, BECOMING 4 IN THE AFTERNOON, BUT
INCREASING EAST OR SOUTHEAST 5 TO 7 LOCALLY GALE 8 OVERNIGHT. RAIN CLEARING TO
SCATTERED SHOWERS, BUT RAIN AGAIN EVENING AND NIGHT. MODERATE OR GOOD, LOCALLY
POOR OVERNIGHT. ROUGH OPEN WATERS AT FIRST AND AGAIN LATER, OTHERWISE MODERATE
LOCALLY SLIGHT.