MailScanner on Red Hat 8.0 w/Exch (USER Unknown problem)

Steve Hickel smhickel at CHARTERMI.NET
Wed Apr 23 20:57:00 IST 2003

Ray,

What we have is the exchange box with users on there. No users other
than the normal users you get when you config a linux box exist on
linux. When I sent an email from outside the network and domain to the
local domain known to the internet as the our domain I can see the
following:

from steve at korehicom.com proto esmtp daemon=mta relay=ip number of my
router at the sent-from site
The next line says to the email on my local server had its connection
reset by the exchange server at the w2K domain exchange box.

On my remote email the rejection message says:

the email address could not be found, check the address again.
localhost.localdomain #5.1.2.

I had entries in the local-hostnames and removed them. I add the
mailertable entry you suggested.

Steve

ps. I still have the dns 10 and 10 pref's set up as well.

--
Steve Hickel <smhickel at chartermi.net>