MAILSCANNER Digest - 21 Apr 2003 to 22 Apr 2003 (#2003-113)

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Apr 23 19:40:19 IST 2003

El 23 Apr 2003 a las 17:14, Julian Field escribió:

> In version 4, I haven't yet seen a server which required "Delivery Method =
> queue". I was actually thinking of removing that option altogether. Just
> set it to
>          Delivery Method = batch
Funny thing... I use
 Delivery Method = queue
with zmailer since the router processes (there can be multiple running at the
same time) are constantly monitoring the queue directory so there's no need
to ask it to process them... the only thing you _must_ do is make sure that
no file gets into that directory not being completely written (which the
zmailer module ensures by creating it in a different directory, closing it
and moving it there with "rename").

If you decide to drop the option altogether, just drop me a line so I modify
the KickMessage routine to do nothing (which, in fact, I could do right now,
making "queue" the only deliverymethod for zmailer)...

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby