MAILSCANNER Digest - 21 Apr 2003 to 22 Apr 2003 (#2003-113)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 17:14:01 IST 2003

In version 4, I haven't yet seen a server which required "Delivery Method =
queue". I was actually thinking of removing that option altogether. Just
set it to
         Delivery Method = batch

Many versions of sendmail will only have 1 queue-runner at a time. So
asking it to run the queue every 5 seconds means that it will try to start
a queue-runner every 5 seconds. Most of the time it will fail as there is
already a queue-runner running.

--
Julian Field