Updateing order

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:07:50 IST 2003

Hi,
I'm running to following configuration
redhat 7.1-2
Sendmail 8.11.2.-14
Mailscanner 3.22-10
Sophos 3.67
on an Intel box.

I need to upgrade to the latest versions and add SpamAssassin.
Sophos is straight forward but what would be the best order to do
the others in. We only have a production Mailscanner server which
is also our DNS so it has to be down for a minimum.
I suspect the answer is upgrade  Redhat, Sendmail and
Mailscanner in that order in one go. If that works Sophos then
SpamAssassin.
Any thoughts/recommendations.
(I have a good backup if all goes horribly wrong and an
reinstallation process that has been tested and works - well has
worked!!)
Thanks

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk