"Delete As Spam" button for Exchange

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Apr 4 12:23:13 IST 2003

Looks like we had the same idea!  I'm curious whether your script would add any headers to the message (through the Mail::Client interface), the one drawback to me using fetchmail is that both fetchmail and the local MTA add headers (although this is far preferable to forwarding with Outlook).  Would you mind letting me have a copy off list? (kevins at bmrb.co.uk).

I'm just about to start work on upgrading MS (I was waiting for the stable release of 4.14) so I'll be trying this out over the next few days.

> Hi Dale.
>
> Unfortunately we use Outlook / Exchange here too.  :-)  I
> have written a
> script that will connect to an IMAP mailbox and pull all of
> the messages out
> and feed them to sa-learn.  In Exchange, we created two
> folders (Spam and
> Not Spam) in the Public Folders area.  The script I wrote is
> in perl and
> uses Mail::Cclient to access the IMAP folders.  When
> everything is complete,
> we will just have the users drag and drop their spam (and ham
> if needed)
> into these folders, and our script run from cron will feed
> them to sa-learn.
>
> I chose this method because Outlook can only forward email
> (not bounce).
> And forwarding email would change the it a little bit, which
> may impact the
> bayes filters.
>
> Currently I have had to turn off bayes checking as it puts
> too much of a
> load on my server, so I haven't fully tested it out.  But I should be
> getting new hardware next week.  When I am done with the
> script, I will post
> it to the list.  You can email me off list if you'd like a preliminary
> version.
>
> Jason

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk