rogue messages in mail queue

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed Apr 2 05:26:15 IST 2003

I get these from time to time and never worry about them.  Depending on your
spam actions (perhaps you are bouncing spam?)...it would make sense that an
email to diet at xlphost.com might have delivery problems.  Were they trying to
sell you the most unbelievable diet in recent human history from a bogus
email address? :)  At any rate, the messages could stay in your queue and be
deleted in 5 days (by default).  I lowered mine to 2 days.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Dene Ulmschneider
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 9:58 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: rogue messages in mail queue

Hi All-
I recently started using MailScanner/SA/Razor2 and I must say that it ROCKS!
It has reduced my spam by approximately 90 percent. I have noticed that
since I implemented these tools I have been getting some mails stuck in my
mail queue. The message info are similar to the snipit below...

~~snip~~

qfh3130Vj06415 Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:00:31 -0500 "MailScanner"
<postmaster at datatechie.com> diet at xlphost.com 846 b Deferred: Connection
timed out with mx3.xlprohosting.com.

~~end snip~~

I get about 5 or 6 a day that I delete manually. Can anyone explain why
these are getting stuck in the queue and possibly offer a fix for this
issue?

Thank You

Dene Ulmschneider
Data Techie Inc.
office:         718.738.8859
cell:           646.996.2976
email:          dene at datatechie.com
pager mail:     denenow at datatechie.com
website:        www.datatechie.com
"Life is too short...-...you  should have dessert first"
dangerous content by Data Techie, and is
believed to be clean.
Data Techie...always there to protect you!